Skip to main content

I don't know when they did it...

...but I'm glad they did!
The very fabulous Scots Law News blog has changed its layout. Now posts are dated, timed, and allow a link directly to each post.
The content has always been very good, but being unable to see the date, or link directly to a specific post was frustrating for me - I imagine there were ways to do that, but they weren't obvious to a reader.
Now, all is well in the world, and the posts are well linked to background material, making it easy to bring yourself up to speed if you've missed any related info they refer to!

My only niggles are that I still can't find an RSS feed, so my little overloaded brain has to remind me to visit regularly, and I'm not keen on clicking a link to read a full story...I go to blogs to skim for info, not clicking into each post...

But overall, well done SLN, and thank you for making reading it easier on the eyes :-)

Comments

Scott Wortley said…
Thanks for the kind comments. We have today added an RSS feed to the site at http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/sln/rss.aspx and hope this will be of use to you and other readers.

Scott
Dumpling said…
Excellent!
Thank you - I'm a happy Library Monkey now! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

When mentoring malfunctions

Mentoring's one of the standard activities that you'll come across in the information profession. We're very caring and sharing like that, wanting to support people in their professional development. As you start your career as an information professional, you'll regularly hear the advice: get a mentor. Or, as you advance in your career and seem to be doing well, you'll be advised to become a mentor. This is fine: yes, both being mentored and being a mentor can be excellent relationships, and very useful for both parties involved. But.....mentoring relationships are like any other relationships: they can go wrong. And they can go wrong in a whole lot of ways. I've heard of mentors and mentees whose relationships have malfunctioned due to mismanagement, wrong focus, disinterest, and inappropriate behaviour. Like any other relationship, bullying and abuse can happen in mentor/mentee arrangements, but it can be very difficult for the participants to escape t...

Time to shut down?

I've been thinking a lot recently about what my blog is actually contributing. I'm not a leading 'thinker', I'm not an investigative reporter, I'm not really great at anything, I'm just, well, here. It's been great for meeting other law librarians, both in the UK and internationally, but do I actually really contribute anything useful or new? I don't think so, to be very honest. So what's the point of me continuing this blog? I can now post (hopefully) useful stuff to the law.librarian collaborative blog, which I would otherwise have posted here, so this blog has become kind of surplus to requirements really. I started it to post items I thought were relevant to my field, so I could refer back to them easily, but law.librarians does a far better job of it together than I could ever do on my own! I may continue to post items of relevance to Scots law only, or the more fun / frivolous that doesn't really fit on law.librarians, but I think that...

Careering along

When I look around at the activities of information professional groups, it seems that there’s a disparity. There’s quite often a lot of support and funding available for those who’re just starting out in the profession, but a desert of nothingness for those of us who’re “just getting on with it”. If you’re a new professional, you have lots of groups to support you as you progress in your early career, various prize funds available for essay and report writing, access to bursaries for conference attendance, eligibility for awards for being new and enthusiastic. But what do you get when you’re past that bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed first 5 years (5 years seems to be the approximate cut-off point for becoming “established” and no longer new). What happens when you’ve already received a bursary from an organisation earlier in your career and so wouldn’t be eligible for one now, meaning you’re not able to attend events or training? When you’re heavily involved in a project but not at ...